In keeping with its mandate to serve and protect, the Philippine National Police will conduct two (2) cycles of PO1 Recruitment Program for Regular and Attrition quota under Calendar Year 2017. Out of the 10,000 regular quota and 4,484 attrition quota nationwide for CY 2017, the Police Regional Office 9 has allocated 500 quota exclusively for Public Safety Forces (PSF) and 230 allocated for attrition quota to be distributed to different Police Stations.
The conduct of 1st Cycle P01 Regular Recruitment Program will start on April 2017 and the oath taking is set on July 1, 2017 while the 2nd Cycle P01 Attrition Recruitment Program will start the processing by June 2017 and the oath taking is scheduled on November 16, 2017.
PNP website www.pnporas.pnp-dprm.com is now accepting online application for initial screening and evaluation for the aspiring PNP PO1 applicants, it is a PNP Online Recruitment Application System (PNP ORAS), a web based and central recruitment application system that will simplify the submission of accomplished PNP PO1 Application Form.
The entry level for non-commissioned officers is the rank of Police Officer 1 or PO1.
Applicants for Recruitment Program must possess the following qualifications:
- - Must be a Filipino Citizen;
- - A person with good moral character;
- - Physically and mentally fit;
- - Must have eligibility: PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM), Career Service Professional, RA 1080 (Bar and Board Examination), RA 6506 (Board of Criminologist), PD 907 (CS eligibility for College Honor Graduates);
- - Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from civilian position in the government; Must not have been convicted for final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude; Must be at least 5'4" in height for male and 5'2" for female; Must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age, sex and; Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age.
Successful applicants who passed the initial screening and evaluation process will proceed to the following stages of recruitment process: Physical Agility Test, Psychiatric/Psychological Examination (PPE), Physical Medical Dental Examination (PMDE), Drug Test and Final Deliberation. Thereafter, oath taking of the newly recruit Police Officers 1 will immediately take place.
New recruits will undergo Public Safety Basic Recruit Course for six months, and Field Training Program for another six months after which the police trainee will proceed to the mandatory special training of PNP SCOUT or PNP Special Counter - insurgency Unit Training course for 45 days to 5 months to enhance them in militaristic/tactics for future assignment in the field whether in the Striking Force or in the Police Station.